Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dead Or Alive

Sitting alone in my room, I am feeling as if I am transferred to some alien world,
Thinking about the past days, hovering in thoughts, pondering over again and again, in this busy thinking I heard a sound.

Loud, Ferocious, Painful and agonizing came knocking to my ears, I stood up, ran towards the window, looking out , I was aghast to see the silent street which was buzzing aloud when I entered my room.

My eyes started searching for the cause behind the scream and the silence that over powered a crowd.My sight reached to the street aah! A voice in despair struck to my ears, what I saw after that was horrible, a charred body, lying on the surface of the earth,facing towards the sky,blood spilled all over,bathed in dust, I closed my eyes thinking who he could be? I was trembling on my feet, a shiver reached to the spines and I stood up collecting all the courage I could.

I took few steps towards the door and stopped, a thoughtful look around, as I felt someone behind, nothing was there except my shadow, it was empty as ever, I shook every thought of fear and opened the door,gradually moved on the stairs, a slow walk on the stairs reached at an astounding pace, hurriedly crossed the road, In that fearful situation I forget to bring my spectacles, I reached near the dead man, who was bathed in dust and blood all over his body, I stood there for sometime in fear, numb and silent.

I was afraid to see his face, a deep breath to overcome that fear but unable to do so. I was coping with the scary feeling, reached down,knelt down, I was close to his face a breeze of pain and disgust blew my presence, it was hazy all around, the evening has enveloped whole surrounding, I felt the darkness deep down in my heart it started pounding and pouncing to mouth, shrinking in fear i was trying to shake it away, I sat down pushed myself close, my hands started moving on his face, cleaning the dust and blood , The moment was horrifying,again and again my eyes move around for a human face, nothing was there,the whole area was deserted, it was in deep silent, and that gave a fearful thought.

I look back once more moving my hand on the lying person’s face, then I felt as it was clean I turned to see him, nooooooooo a cry raised deep down and went dead before reaching my mouth, my eyes seemed ogling on the face in shock, went traumatized, I felt lump in the throat, tried to scream but it dies within the heart and i felt i am dead.

Oh No!! Oh God!! Aah!!

In disbelief, shocked, traumatized I woke up from my dreams, soaked in sweat and tears; I sat down holding my head, few minutes of heavy breath and then I look towards the sky from the open window, thanking Almighty, it was a dream where I was engulfed by the darkness of death,when i opened my eyes i felt the light of life in Me, i was still Alive.